As our largest province, Ontario enters lockdown and announces tighter restrictions, the road to personal freedom and seeing beyond the new COVID strains and the COVID horizon may not look promising for some of us. The year has been like no other we have seen; with the race for developing a successful vaccine against COVID, the new US President, the Brexit impact on trade in the UK and EU, China in the new world, ban on international travel and the shape and look of the much anticipated “new normal”. With such uncertainties in tow, we came up with tips to get by in lockdown as you do the obey the rules with social distancing, wearing masks, sanitization and limiting outdoor errands and interests.
1. Live in the moment, live for the day
2. Write a gratitude list and appreciate the things that are going for you, write a book!
3. Keep an eye out on vulnerable and older relatives and friends
4. Plan your meals, experiment new home made cuisines
5. Create a new hobby, or give the old musical instrument a nice dust and perhaps another go
6. Declutter and donate.
7. Savor this downtime by getting those arvo naps and morning sleep-ins, catching up with Netflix and becoming safe and social with video catch ups.
8. Create time for mini (or maxi )workouts. We suggest YouTube videos such as Yoga with Adriene, POPSUGAR fitness, 305 Fitness, Bodybuilding.com or Just Dance on your PS4!
9. Subscribe to Mind Apps such as Fabulous, here’s a list https://www.psycom.net/25-bestmental-health-apps
10. Hydrate with pure water. Health experts commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters. Highly recommend North Water:)
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and here’s to a better and brighter 2021.
As Lao Tzu says: Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them, that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.